Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Your Congressman at Work?

I get these auto reply emails pretty regular from my elected representatives. Since most of my congressmen are Lefties, these letters spout the average, garden variety lies and completely ignore reality and The Rule of Law. 

I wanted to show off this letter as a pretty steady representation of what I get from Jaime Herrera Beutler; my rep from the House. It's wonderful having an elected representative in D.C. (Washington, not COMICS) who is proud of what she believes in and doesn't have to hide her true feelings in order to get re elected or pass legislation. I'm sure she sleeps just fine at night without any sleep aides like alcohol or drugs. I have yet to meet her in person. But, she has a giant stack of letters from me in her virtual folder, and we have only lived here for 1 year.
How tall is the stack of letters that your representative has from you? Do they even know what you believe? Do they know your wishes for their vote in Congress?

EDITOR



July 24, 2013



Dear Mr. Marks,

Thank you for contacting me about United Nations Small Arms Treaty.  It is an honor to represent the people of Southwest Washington, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. 

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty seeks to prevent international civil conflicts by regulating the international trade of some guns.  I share the concerns many folks have expressed about how this treaty infringes on our constitutional rights. However, as you may know, the Senate must approve the U.N. Small Arms Treaty, not the House. 

I took an oath to uphold the Constitution and I intend to fulfill my responsibility.  Part of this duty includes ensuring that any actions of the government do not infringe upon our civil liberties outlined in the Bill of Rights.  Going forward, I will be working to ensure these rights are protected.  

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. I invite you to visit my website at www.HerrreraBeutler.house.gov for additional information or to sign up to be kept up to date on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance.


Sincerely,

Jaime Herrera Beutler
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. The editor has lifted the registration gate, so all can comment. Good conduct is expected. Since this blog deals only in truth and patriotic rhetoric, any excessive America-Hating comments can be removed, and if such persists, the poster will be blocked.