Friday, June 28, 2013

Successful but Dangerous Defensive Gun Tactic Saves Life and Ends Well

This home owner has watched too much TV. Used deployed and cocked gun as leverage while dialing 911. My opinion; guns are for shooting. Pull - aim with both hands - fire. Unless one is a trained field tactician, it is best to let Police do the fieldwork  Would have been safer to grab the gun - move - to a safer distance while calling the police. When yours and others' lives are not threatened, don't play cops and robbers.
I am very glad that this turned out well, and also hold admiration for the brave home owner.
EDITOR

Watch video as police arrive on scene.

PHOENIX - A burglary suspect picked the wrong house to break into -- and ended up being held at gunpoint by the homeowner.
FOX 10 cameras were there as the suspect was loaded into a police car near 40th Street and Thomas Road.
The homeowner, Mauricio Esquivel, says when he pulled into his driveway Thursday morning, he noticed his windows were broken and knew something wasn't quite right.
"My intuition says something's not right.  I went back in my car and I pulled out a pistol that I carry.  Through a cracked window, I see an intruder in the living room.  At that point I cocked my gun and I just pointed it right at him and I told him not to move and I ordered him to the ground.  I was able to pull my phone out, unlock it and then call 911.  Everything played out perfect.. nobody got hurt and the perps going to jail," he explained.
Mauricio says Phoenix police officers arrived at the scene within minutes of his call. 
He's only been living in his home for two months.
The suspect's name has not been released.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22704486/2013/06/27/1-suspect-caught-1-loose-after-alleged-home-burglary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. The editor has lifted the registration gate, so all can comment. Good conduct is expected. Since this blog deals only in truth and patriotic rhetoric, any excessive America-Hating comments can be removed, and if such persists, the poster will be blocked.