Thursday, August 1, 2013

Your Office Monkey Political Action Hero; What Does it Look Like?

I have a late model printer in my home office. It came with a scanner and a fax module that mostly doesn't get used. It just was included with the machine. Other than a couple of medical documents faxed occasionally, the fax module mostly just sets there. I know that it looks expensive, but it only cost $129 at
Office Monkey Political Action Hero
Fry's on sale last year.

So, why not use it to fight for your freedoms?

Every time Ms. Beutler's, Ms. Cantwell's, or Ms. Murray's offices in Washington D.C. receive a fax from me, their office staff reads the heading, scans the content, and marks in some computer database;

  • who faxed
  • what major issue I was addressing
  • and how I wanted them to vote.

In order to make these faxing sessions run quickly and smoothly, I created a group fax record in the machine's onboard database (if you have a late model All-In-One printer, yours probably can do the same thing too). HP provides a simple menu that walks me through the process; Faxing for Idiots as it were. Anyone can do this; even I did.

So, I see an opportunity to communicate my wishes to my elected officials in D.C. (weekly at the least), I type up a letter in Word and choose to send it to the fax instead of print it. It's almost like printing it, but not quite. Very simple.  I even start the process with CTL+P, like all other printing functions. If you wish, you can always print it out and just turn right around and fax it conventionally.

The whole thing takes me about 5 minutes, and the fax machine does all of the heavy lifting. I just write the short letter. I don't even wait for the machine to finish. I see no value in sitting here staring at a machine that just dials numbers and like the good little office monkey that it is, just sends the document to each fax machine.

I choose the pre programmed group dialing number (in my case it is 007. Yeah, I know. Just happened that way.) and move on to the next task in my work day, or go to dinner; whatever.

My office faxing monkey is virtually free to operate. I already have a telephone, the machine and 5 minutes a week to fax something. Why not do the easiest part? We already have done the hard part.

So, I have this Political Action Contact List.


Here's mine;


Jaime Herrera Beutler
3rd Congressional Dist

Vancouver Office

O.O. Howard House (Officers’ Row) 
750 Anderson Street, Suite B
Vancouver, WA 98661
Phone: (360) 695-6292
Fax: (360) 695-6197

Washington, DC Office

1130 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3536
Fax: (202) 225-3478

To send email, go to this form;

https://herrerabeutler.house.gov/contact/contactform.htm?zip5=98626&zip4=

___

Maria Cantwell
US Senator for Washington

Vancouver Office 1313 Officers Row

(360) 696-7838
Vancouver fax 360-696-7844

Washington, D.C. Office 311 Hart Senate Office Building

(202) 224-3441
DC fax 202-228-0514

___

Patty Murray
US Senator for Washington

Vancouver Office

The Marshall House
1323 Officer's Row
Vancouver, Washington 98661
Phone: (360) 696-7797
Fax: (360) 696-7798

Washington, D.C. Office

154 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2621
Fax: (202) 224-0238
Toll Free: (866) 481-9186


Where's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. The editor has lifted the registration gate, so all can comment. Good conduct is expected. Since this blog deals only in truth and patriotic rhetoric, any excessive America-Hating comments can be removed, and if such persists, the poster will be blocked.