Thursday, January 10, 2013

TWO WAYS TO HANDLE YOUR LOCAL GUN ISSUE

You own a gun, read all of the rhetoric, keep buying ammo, but have never decided what your course of action might be if you become a criminal overnight like Chicago and DC residents did when their local magistrates banned guns; a ban which is un Constitutional.


TWO WAYS TO HANDLE YOUR LOCAL GUN ISSUE

WHAT DO YOU DO NOW, before such a ban affects your home?
1. Read up on your local laws so you know your current status
2. Meet your local sheriff and deputies and let them get to know you, so they realize that you are a decent, common sense individual who sincerely respects The Rule of Law and officers who enforce it. (If you are not such, please just live under the radar and don’t tell anyone that you are a conservative)
3. Write a letter to your local sheriff’s office explaining your fears that you might someday see that it is no longer (or currently) lawful to protect yourself, while there is no guarantee that criminals no longer have access to firearms, placing your family at risk by simply living under such conditions. And you seek their advice.
4. Be sure that you and your family members are safe owners of your guns. Keep them handy only to the safely trained adults in your home. If you make a handgun available to criminals and children, you are just as guilty of the crimes and tragedies as they. If someone steals a gun from you, you should have made it extremely difficult for that to happen. It is the best anyone can do. When not home, locked in a safe large enough to require a block and tackle to move and a full size truck to transport. And, if it gets moved illegally, a piece of the house goes with it.
5. Never threaten your local officials publically. Instead, always take the side of The Rule of Law. You might someday actually live in a police state that requires you to surrender your guns. But until that happens, support The Rule of Law.
6. Continue to keep and bear arms safely; buying as much ammunition as you would need to protect your family from an invasion of your home by criminals. Any more ammunition than that and one would think that you are preparing to fight against some government. There is no defense against a military level breach of your rights. Unless you own and live in a military compound with tanks, anti-aircraft guns, a limitless supply of food, water and ammunition, no citizen can withstand physical attack from the military. And even then, your chances of survival are nil.

OR, YOU COULD;
Live under the radar. Keep your mouth shut about your guns. Let big mouthed idiots like me do your patriotic work for you while you stay safely hidden under the radar with your registered and unregistered guns. In the end, the results are almost the same. We both have guns to protect ourselves from criminal threats. I enjoy the added benefit (if I so choose) of advertising that I actively employ deadly force in the protection of my home. Which home do you think will be the last one on the block to be robbed while we’re home?

By the way, I live next door to a local city police officer. I do not know her personally, but we stay friendly with her as much as circumstances present. I often wheel her garbage can in off the curb and pick up trash in front of her sidewalk and parking strip, as I do in front of all three houses that cover our side of the block. I do what I can to add value to our neighborhood and always look for opportunities to be a good neighbor.

Being a lawful gun owner who is respected by one’s neighbors and community is not something that happens accidentally or I take lightly. I do not have a car covered in bumper stickers like some crazed fool. I might choose to display one sticker placed carefully in an appropriate manner which carries a clearly stated and respectful message.

IF YOU SEE VALUE IN THIS ARTICLE… add to it. Point out areas that I have not thought of. I am not perfect and do not claim to have all of the answers. I would love to openly debate my views herein. Bring it on. Point out where I am wrong. Help us weigh the hard decisions. Make yourself useful in this drive by society.

Stu Marks
Armed Citizen
( Please don’t pick me first for a robbery. It would change your life and my family’s both. I am not looking for an opportunity to shoot someone. I never have, and pray I never will )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. The editor has lifted the registration gate, so all can comment. Good conduct is expected. Since this blog deals only in truth and patriotic rhetoric, any excessive America-Hating comments can be removed, and if such persists, the poster will be blocked.